Stove | Plus
(Multi-fuel Stove and Gas Adapter)
The nCamp Multi-fuel Stove is designed to use wood or gas (with the included Gas Adapter) for cooking, giving you a choice of fuel depending on your use conditions. It has a wide stable base, allowing you to use larger and heavier pots or pans while reducing the chance of tipping. The cooktop provides a place for setting utensils when cooking, while the innovative collapsible combustion chamber and folding legs make it compact to reduce bulk in your pack. In addition to wood and gas, you can also use hexamine tablets and liquid fuels (like alcohol – with an insert that fits in the chamber). The Stove is made of aluminum and stainless steel to balance strength and weight.
Stove | Plus
Model Number: NBU09MFUS
Height (packed): 1.5 in (3.8 cm)
Height (in-use): 6.3 in (16 cm)
Depth: 6.5 in (16.5 cm)
Width: 9 in (22.9 cm)
Hose Length: 12.2 in (31 cm)
Head Diameter: 1.9 in (4.8 cm)
Total Bundle Weight 32 oz (.9 kg)
This set provides the hardware you need to burn wood or gas.
• Q: As a fuel in addition to already mentioned items is that rubbing alcohol or just alcohol? & Does this device come with a carrying bag..
• A: The alcohol used in these items are: denatured alcohol. methyl alcohol, but in order to burn alcohol in our stove you need an insert that fits in our combustion chamber (about 2.5” in diameter). We don’t sell these, so I recommend that the alcohol types recommended by the specific insert manufacturers be used. For example: ‘White Box’ alcohol stove
• Q: Can you use an alcohol burner or wood pellets?
• A: The alcohol used in these items are: denatured alcohol. methyl alcohol, but in order to burn alcohol in our stove you need an insert that fits in our combustion chamber (about 2.5” in diameter). We don’t sell these, so I recommend that the alcohol types recommended by the specific insert manufacturers be used. For example: ‘White Box’ alcohol stove, and for Wood Pellets, we do not recommend using it for the stove as they do not work well. You may use any type of wood, the drier the wood the better it will burn in the stove. I hope this helps, let us know how your experience is going!
• Q: I have watched people burn in these dry twigs and sticks why is the top all burned up?
• A: Burning wood commonly produces creosote, which is from the oils contained in the wood. This can build up on surfaces, making it look burnt. An old camping trick is to spray the stove (and pots or pans) with a 50/50 mixture of dish soap and water and let it dry before use. This helps the creosote easily wash off the surfaces. If we know we’re going to burn wood, we do the dish soap treatment before we pack our gear. We also have a Gas Adapter, if you want to avoid this altogether.
• Q: Need 2.5″ alcohol burner like ? vsanstar alcohol stove mini stainless steel spirit burner with lid for outdoor camping hiking backp
• A: While we have not tried the vsanstar alcohol stove, it looks like the diameter might be too large.
This is the stove we use, but it looks like it is no longer available:
This one looks like it would work, although we have not tried it:
• Q: Could my gas option be something like a primus multifuel bottle or would I have to get a special adapter
• A: Please send a model number or photo to email@example.com so we can confirm
• Q: What are the volumetric capacities of the burn chamber?
• A: The volume is 43 cu.in. (705 cubic cm)
• Q: Is nCamp stove a gasification-type stove? I don’t see the double-wall design that seems to be a design feature of gasification systems
• A: It is not a gasification type stove. However, in addition to burning wood, it can burn gas or liquid fuel with an adapter/insert.
• Q: We have leftover diesel heating fuel. Can I use this in this stove?
• A: Our stove provides choice of fuels like wood, hexamine, alcohol and gas (Butane or Propane). However, we don’t recommend diesel.
• Q: Does the gas line for the multifuel stove work with white gas as well?
• A: We are not recommending the gas adapter to be used with white gas