(Wood and Gas Camping Stove)
The nCamp Multi-fuel Stove is designed to use wood or gas (with the Gas Adapter – not included) for cooking, giving you a choice of fuel depending on your use conditions. It has a wide stable base, allowing you to use larger and heavier pots or pans while reducing the chance of tipping. The cooktop provides a place for setting utensils when cooking, while the innovative collapsible combustion chamber and folding legs make it compact to reduce bulk in your pack. In addition to wood and gas, you can also use hexamine tablets and liquid fuels (like alcohol – with an insert that fits in the chamber). The Stove is made of aluminum and stainless steel to balance strength and weight. Designed in the USA.
Model Number: NST09WBUS
Height (packed): 1.5 in (3.8 cm)
Height (in-use): 6.3 in (16 cm)
Depth: 6.5 in (16.5 cm)
Width: 9 in (22.9 cm)
Weight: 29.4 oz (.83 kg)
The ability to use different fuel types means you can plan for, or adjust to, environmental conditions. If it is going to be rainy or there is a fire ban, use gas. If the weather is dry and wood is readily available, use wood. You can also keep hexamine tablets available for emergencies. The Multi-fuel Stove provides a stable place to cook in all kinds of conditions.
Using Wood – By using twigs from the forest, you can reduce weight in your pack and have a virtually endless supply of fuel. The shape of the combustion chamber promotes airflow and helps you start a fire quickly. When cooking with wood, you can cook for about 10 minutes with a handful of twigs. If you need to cook longer, just move your pot/pan and reload the combustion chamber. The Stove boils 1 cup of water in about 5-7 using wood (times vary based on environmental conditions).
Using Gas (with our Gas Adapter – not included) – The newest nCamp Multi-fuel Stove includes a port on the bottom of the combustion chamber that allows you to cook with gas. This gives you more control over your flame, while the combustion chamber concentrates heat and protects your flame. The Stove boils 1 cup of water in less than 3 minutes using gas (times vary based on environmental conditions).
An FYI – the nCamp Prep Surface is designed to nest with the Stove, creating a very compact prep and cooking combination.
18 reviews for Multi-Fuel Stove
• Q: As a fuel in addition to already mentioned items is that rubbing alcohol or just alcohol? & Does this device come with a carrying bag..
• A: The alcohol used in these items are: denatured alcohol. methyl alcohol, but in order to burn alcohol in our stove you need an insert that fits in our combustion chamber (about 2.5” in diameter). We don’t sell these, so I recommend that the alcohol types recommended by the specific insert manufacturers be used. For example: ‘White Box’ alcohol stove
• Q: Can you use an alcohol burner or wood pellets?
• A: The alcohol used in these items are: denatured alcohol. methyl alcohol, but in order to burn alcohol in our stove you need an insert that fits in our combustion chamber (about 2.5” in diameter). We don’t sell these, so I recommend that the alcohol types recommended by the specific insert manufacturers be used. For example: ‘White Box’ alcohol stove, and for Wood Pellets, we do not recommend using it for the stove as they do not work well. You may use any type of wood, the drier the wood the better it will burn in the stove. I hope this helps, let us know how your experience is going!
• Q: I have watched people burn in these dry twigs and sticks why is the top all burned up?
• A: Burning wood commonly produces creosote, which is from the oils contained in the wood. This can build up on surfaces, making it look burnt. An old camping trick is to spray the stove (and pots or pans) with a 50/50 mixture of dish soap and water and let it dry before use. This helps the creosote easily wash off the surfaces. If we know we’re going to burn wood, we do the dish soap treatment before we pack our gear. We also have a Gas Adapter, if you want to avoid this altogether.
• Q: Need 2.5″ alcohol burner like ? vsanstar alcohol stove mini stainless steel spirit burner with lid for outdoor camping hiking backp
• A: While we have not tried the vsanstar alcohol stove, it looks like the diameter might be too large.
This is the stove we use, but it looks like it is no longer available:
This one looks like it would work, although we have not tried it:
• Q: Could my gas option be something like a primus multifuel bottle or would I have to get a special adapter
• A: Please send a model number or photo to email@example.com so we can confirm
• Q: What are the volumetric capacities of the burn chamber?
• A: The volume is 43 cu.in. (705 cubic cm)
• Q: Is nCamp stove a gasification-type stove? I don’t see the double-wall design that seems to be a design feature of gasification systems
• A: It is not a gasification type stove. However, in addition to burning wood, it can burn gas or liquid fuel with an adapter/insert.
• Q: We have leftover diesel heating fuel. Can I use this in this stove?
• A: Our stove provides choice of fuels like wood, hexamine, alcohol and gas (Butane or Propane). However, we don’t recommend diesel.
• Q: Does the gas line for the multifuel stove work with white gas as well?
• A: We are not recommending the gas adapter to be used with white gas
Hillary B. –
Portable, Light & Easy To Use!
This stove is just as described – portable, light, and very easy to use. We needed a stove for a family camping trip and were pleasantly surprised when the stove arrived. It is compact, efficient, and perfect for making coffee for breakfast or heating up some soup for dinner. We especially like that we don’t have to bring fuel with us and instead can use wood to light our fire. Highly recommend and look forward to using this stove over and over again this summer and fall!
Tommy D. –
Packs Real Small
Works great for camping and shorter backpacking trips! It packs small and takes up so little room, especially when paired with the prep surface. Burns well off of the sticks and twigs I found around my campsite.
Michael H. –
Stove Was a Very Impressive Piece as it Was Perfect for My Travels in Adventuring Big and Packing Small!
The nCamp stove was a very impressive piece as it was perfect for my travels in adventuring big and packing small. I highly recommend this stove for going on adventures where you may or may not have fuel! The great thing is that you are able to pack light and use materials around you sticks/wood laying around to burn and cook! Overall a great piece.
Sami Nathan N. –
Best Portable Stove!
We loved taking this out with us on our camping trip and neatly folding it away to fit perfectly into our backpack for our hike. We live in CA, so the only problem is sometimes it’s hard to light a fire due to the drought, but we were able to use it on our trip to Pismo Beach as well and loved it!